Escape to Saint Lucia and have the vacation you never knew you always needed! Saint Lucia, the unspoiled beauty of the Eastern Caribbean, is a vacationer’s dream. With delicious food, activities for all ages, beautiful beaches, lush rainforests, and a healthy nightlife, a vacation here provides something for everyone.
What sets Saint Lucia apart is not only the warmth of its people but the abounding versatility of the things to see and do. From climbing the Pitons and bathing in the Sulphur Springs’ mud baths, to swimming in the aquamarine of its warm waters or hiking through the lush green of its tropical rain forests, Saint Lucia is a kaleidoscope of colours and experiences. Whether you choose to recline under the shade of the palm trees at the famed Marigot Bay, sail down to the must-visit town of Soufriere and swim with turtles, wrasse, parrot fish and barracuda, or indulge in the tantalising array of local delicacies, there is always a new experience in Saint Lucia.
To get you started in planning your dream vacation we’ve provided a list of some of the “musts” for anyone visiting the island. Whether it be for the first time or a return trip, I can assure you, it won’t be your last. It is essential to check these items off your list.
- Piton Beer: Brewed in Vieux Fort, St. Lucia at Heineken’s Windward & Leeward Brewing, Piton beer is named after St. Lucia’s famous Piton Mountains. It is a pilsner with a crisp, refreshing taste, perfect on a hot Caribbean day.
- Chairman’s Reserve Rum: This locally made rum is an island favourite and comes in a variety of flavours, including spiced, white and forgotten casks.
- Green Fig & Saltfish: The national dish of St. Lucia, green fig is actually unripe green bananas and they are cooked alongside salted cod fish, onions, tomatoes, peppers, cabbage and garlic.
- Callaloo Soup: Callaloo is a green, leafy vegetable from the taro plant. The soup is made by mixing the callaloo with mashed dasheen, which is the taro root, and fish or seafood is often added as well.
- Water Sports: Given this is an island surrounded by beautiful clear blue ocean, water sports are a must and the resorts offer just about any that you can think of from water skiing to tubing to jet skiing and much more. You can also scuba dive, snorkel and fish.
- Boat Ride: The marina in Rodney Bay offers tourists with a variety of options for boating, including a boat ride across the island to the south side, which is a great way to get a different view of the beautiful nation. You can ride on a pirate boat, motorized boat or even a sail boat/catamaran.
- Zipline: There are a variety of zipline tours offered across the island with the rainforest being the most popular. The zipline provides you with a birds-eye view of some of the island’s beauty off the shore.
- Pitons: The Petit Piton and Gros Piton are St. Lucian trademarks. They are twin volcanic spires that can be seen for miles.
- Pigeon Island: A historic site featuring military barracks and a museum, Pigeon Island also offers hiking and beautiful beaches.
- Sulphur Springs: The Sulphur springs are very popular among visitors to the island, who come to experience the benefits of the black water pool baths.
- Diamond Falls: The waterfalls are absolutely stunning as is the botanical garden surrounding them. It provides the perfect vacation photo op.
MACOS Picks on Where to Stay
THE LANDINGS RESORT & SPA
Exuding a sense of luxury & timeless elegance, the exquisitely decorated & versatile 1, 2 and 3 bedroom villa suites at The Landings Resort are perfect for multi-generational families and groups a like.
Situated on the famous Pigeon Island on the north coast, The Landings Resort & Spa immerses your senses with a true ‘toes in the sand’ experience. The award-winning beachfront resort offers exceptional cuisine along with complimentary water sports, daily bespoke activities & four stunning pools.
The Landings offers the best of both worlds: you can choose from an all-inclusive option or pay-as-you-go. With white sands and waters that are the bluest blue, you’ll never want to check out of the resort. Choose from beachfront villas boasting private butlers, ocean-view apartments or a marina-view suite: but one thing’s for sure, no matter which view you choose, you’ll never want to leave!
BAY GARDENS BEACH RESORT & SPA
Nestled in the heart of Rodney Bay, this resort experience fits any kind of getaway. Centrally situated in the heart of St. Lucia’s entertainment capital, Rodney Bay Village, the Bay Gardens Resorts family of hotels offers inviting, island-inspired accommodations. With Four properties positioned on the Reduit Beachfront and within Rodney Bay Village and The Rodney BayMarina, Bay Gardens Resorts is a favourite hotel destination in St. Lucia for families, couples, and island explorers.
Each Bay Gardens Resorts property offers a unique island experience, from the recreational activities and beachfront experience at Bay Gardens Beach Resort & Spa to the tranquil tropical oasis at Bay Gardens Hotel to the cosy intimacy of the romantic Bay Gardens Inn to the journey into a paradise of complete relaxation just steps away from Rodney Bay Marina. Whichever hotel you choose for your stay in St. Lucia, you will enjoy friendly service and convenient access to the best of the island including all properties in the Bay Gardens Resorts collection via complimentary shuttle service.