Privacy and Refund Policy
We are committed to protecting your privacy on-line. We appreciate that you do not want the personal information you provide to us distributed indiscriminately and here we explain how we collect information, what we do with it and what controls you have.
If you are not 100% satisfied with your purchase, within 120 days from the purchase date, we will fully refund the cost of your order.
Personal Information We May Collect from You
We may collect and process the following personal information about you:
- information (such as your name, email and postal address, telephone number, gender and country of residence and how you categorise yourself with respect to your travel interests) that you provide by completing forms on the Site, including if you register as a user of the Site, subscribe to our magazines, upload or submit any material via the Site, or request any information;
- communications you send to us, for example to report a problem or to submit queries, concerns or comments regarding the Site or its content;
- information from surveys, promotions and competitions that we may, from time to time, run on the Site, if you choose to respond to, or participate in, them;
- information that you post to the website in the form of comments or contributions to discussions.
You are under no obligation to provide any such information. However, if you should choose to withhold requested information, we may not be able to provide you with certain services.
Uses Made of Your Personal Information
We will use the personal information you provide to:
- identify you when you sign-in to your account;
- enable us to provide you with the services and information offered through the Site and which you request;
- administer your account with us;
- send you information we think you may find useful or which you have requested from us, including receipt of marketing communications such as our periodic newsletter provided you have indicated that you are happy to be contacted for these purposes;
- enable us to contact you regarding any booking enquiries you may make through the Site from time to time;
- analyse the use of the Site and the people visiting in order to improve our content and services;
- verify you and the services you provide in relation to the publication of any business listing featured on the Site
- use for other purposes that we may disclose to you when we request your information; and, subject to your agreement
- allow, with your consent, carefully selected third parties to send you information directly which you may find useful regarding their products and services.
Non-personally identifiable information
When you visit the Site, we may automatically collect system-related information about your visit, such as the type of internet browser you use, the website from which you have come to the Site and your IP address (the unique address which identifies your computer on the internet) which is automatically recognised by our web server.
Cookies and similar technology
Cookies are pieces of information that include a unique reference code that a website transfers to your device to store and sometimes track information about you. A number of cookies we use last only for the duration of your web session and expire when you close your browser. Other cookies are used to remember you when you return to the Site and will last for longer.
- remember that you have used the Site before; this means we can identify the number of unique visitors we receive to different parts of the Site;
- allow you to navigate the Site more quickly and easily;
- remember your login session so you can move from one page to another within the Site;
- store your preferences and enable you to save your travel planner interests;
- customise elements of the layout and/or content of the pages of the Site for you; and
- collect statistical information about how you use the Site so that we can improve the Site
Most web browsers automatically accept cookies but, if you prefer, you can change your browser to prevent that or to notify you each time a cookie is set. You can also learn more about cookies by visiting www.allaboutcookies.org which includes additional useful information on cookies and how to block cookies using different types of browser. Please note however, that by blocking or deleting cookies used on the Site you may not be able to take full advantage of the Site if you do so.
a) Our cookies
A description of the cookies and the general purpose we use these for is provided below:
Type and duration
Browser session id
b) Third party cookies
Cookies are also set by third parties on the Site. More information about cookies placed by third parties and how to restrict or block their cookies can be accessed by following the link to their website.
Type and duration
Session only i.e. until browser is closed.
In addition to cookies we use the following similar technologies in respect of your use of the Site:
- Pixel Gifs – these are small image files that are placed within the body of our newsletters so we can understand whether these are read and if particular content in the newsletter is of interest. This way we can improve the relevance of the content of our communications to our readers;
- Flash cookies – We may use Adobe Flash Player to display video or image content. It may not be possible to block or restrict flash cookies using your browser settings, however information on how to control Flash Player privacy, and security settings is available from the Adobe website at:
We may disclose aggregate statistics about visitors to the Site in order to describe our services to prospective partners, advertisers, sponsors and other reputable third parties and for other lawful purposes, but these statistics will include no personally identifiable information.
We use service providers to provide certain services in support of the Site. These service providers may need to have access to your information in order to provide their services to us for example SSL encryption is employed to ensure any such data is protected.
Certain services identified on this site are offered by business partners. If you wish to take up those services you will need to share your information with them in order to receive these services.
In the event that we undergo re-organisation or are sold to a third party, you agree that any personal information we hold about you may be transferred to that re-organised entity or third party.
We may disclose your personal information if legally entitled or required to do so (for example if required by law or by a Court order or if we believe that such action is necessary to prevent fraud or cyber crime or to protect the Site or the rights, property or personal safety of any person).
The Site may, from time to time, contain links to external sites. We are not responsible for the privacy policies or the content of such sites.
We place great importance on the security of all personally identifiable information associated with our users. We have security measures in place to attempt to protect against the loss, misuse and alteration of personal information under our control. For example, our security and privacy policies are periodically reviewed and enhanced as necessary and only authorised personnel have access to personal information. Whilst we cannot ensure or guarantee that loss, misuse or alteration of information will never occur, we use all reasonable efforts to prevent it.
You should bear in mind that submission of information over the internet is never entirely secure. We cannot guarantee the security of information you submit via the Site whilst it is in transit over the internet and any such submission is at your own risk.
It is advisable to close your browser when you have finished your user session to help ensure others do not access your personal information if you use a shared computer or a computer in a public place.
Please be aware that this website is not meant for use by children. Anyone under the age of  should not use the Site or send any information to us.
You have a legal right under the Data Protection Act 1998 to a copy of all the personal information about you held by us. On request, we will provide you with a copy of this information subject to a fee not exceeding the prescribed fee permitted by law. You also have a right to correct any errors in that information. As mentioned above, you have a right to prevent the use of your personal information for direct marketing purposes.